Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If I Could Vote...

I used to vote a long long time ago, in Malaysia.
I've been away a mighty long time.
Besides I can no longer vote.
Does that mean I cannot talk about the elections in Malaysia, although I know what's going on?

Now if I could vote on March 8, I will most certainly reject the Barisan Nasional.
I know that the Barisan Nasional cannot be ousted because its support is broad and mass-based.
But I'd want my vote to make a difference and I know that my vote counts.
So, I will reject the Barisan Nasional because I want to send a strong message to the government that I cannot and will not tolerate the abuses, arising from a very weak leadership.

I reject the Barisan Nasional because I abhor Khairy Jamaluddin's rise to power that smacks of abuse, conflict of interest and corruption.
I reject the incumbent coalition because of the way it treats Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
Oh...I am no fan of the good doc but I think the way Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's people go around maligning him is highly unacceptable.

Aah...if I could vote...

8 comments:

zewt said...

alas... wat if...

straycat's strut said...

Dont worry Eva. Since you said it well, I'll do the voting for you and me. Never voted for oposition b4 but I certainly would this time. And you know what? I dont even know who is the opposition! My way of telling KJ to go to hell. I hope you'll agree.

Pak Zawi said...

Eva,
The Barang Naik cannot be ousted is not only due to its broad support or mass based, but because they have all the ticks and large war chest to ensure it rmains in power forever. All we can hope to do now is to clip its wings so that they will realise that they are not invincible.

Anonymous said...

eva,

i agree that the BN is strong not only because it's support is broad-based but because it has MONEY. It is rich.

I see the BN flags and banners already up and flittering and flying proudly...everywhere.

Where are the DAP, PAS and PKR banners?

I asked an opposition member and he said: "no money-lah. we need to spend it on other more important things for the campaign".

Just look at KJ's campaign trail.
How can Pak Lah justify KJ's rise to power and influence.
He did not WORK hard to be where he is. He worked hard to win the PM's affection and confidence, that's for sure. Not difficult -- he married the PM's darling daughter.

I think the BN will get thrashed. It may not be in this election, but it will lose, one day.
It is not invincible by itself. It is propped up by its dirty tricks.

eva's haven said...

zewt,

yeah...what if..

you do sound so resigned.

chin up now.

cheers

eva's haven said...

cat,

this KJ must be the most unpopular person in malaysia. everywhere i turn, nobody has a nice thing to say about him.
they say he is interfering, greedy and upsetting the system.

and the PM doesn't all this?

Jeez!

I'd vote for the Opposition just to send a message. Besides, we know the BN will still win.

all the best and thank you!

eva's haven said...

zaWI,
I agree. they must be humbled.

eva's haven said...

mustang,

BN has been ruling the country for 50 years!

the election system is obsolete.

let's hope the BN gets a thrashing.