Monday, August 6, 2007

My Malaysia!



For a 50 year-old, she is still struggling to know herself.
Poor lady.
I wish her well as she approaches her half-century.
Malaysia is not owned exclusively by anyone. But those who have the power to own a vital part of her are sure messing her up.
I hate that.
I am glad that my memories of Malaysia are wonderful.
But hell, I remember politicians messing up the many great things that Malaysia held for me.
I thought history has taught us never to repeat our mistakes.
Looks like little has changed.
Politicians are still at it.
I see they are now blaming bloggers -- the latest bogeyman.
Tragic.
Failed leaders looking for people to blame for their own screw-ups.
And blaming big-time.
So. nothing has changed.
Politicians will never blame themselves for the mess they have made.

This time, we're gonna blame them. Squarely.

So, Happy 50th birthday, darling!

3 comments:

J.T. said...

My Malaysia:

- was when we had "muhibbah" sports teams.
- was when we looked out for each other.
- was when we could walk the streets safely.
- was when teachers were highly regarded. They carried themselves well and thought students more than lessons in school. They thought about life. (I know we still have that special few who exist today but they are overshadowed by others).
- was when we all respected each other's race and religion.

(and these are just a few I can recall now).

Happy 50th Birthday, my lady. Looks like unless something is done, you will have to continue using those crutches. Once, your "legs" are better, you will need to start therapy to strengthen yourself. Good luck.

shar101 said...

Peaches,

Lat's rendition of Malaysians sums up the very fabric of the society here.

They are together and yet, can't decide why.

Perhaps, another fifty years will provide the answer but if only they would look a little closer, they'd find similarities within the diversity.

P.S. I'm 5'9".

eva's haven said...

JT : Those wonderful wonderful years. Miss them...


Shar: Hi Honeybunch.
Oh yeh..Lat has a knack for capturing the apt mood, picture etc...

Aah --5'9" --the perfect height....