Sunday, November 30, 2008

Next Time, I'll Be There..

I have been back in Malaysia for couple of weeks now for a sojourn. One of the things (some) Malaysians or ex-Malaysians abroad have to do.

I was invited by Tok Mommy (Kak Maria) for a bloggers' bash. Actually, it was an invite through another invitation. I was thrilled, yet a little apprehensive.

Truth be told. It was not easy because I'd have to "blow my cover". No more anonymity.

Would people be expecting an "Eva"? Kak Maria told me that a joke was going around the Tuesday Mee Rebus sessions that some people are convinced that I'm a 6-footer Sikh male.

Kak Maria herself asked me about me.I told her I ain't telling. although I gave her BROAD hints.

I'll be honest -- I'm no 6-footer although I am tall. Nor am I male or a Sikh.

To cut a story short -- I missed the bloggers bash at the Curve on Saturday Nov 29 because I was at the other end of the Klang Valley, stuck in a horrendous traffic jam.

Was looking forward to meeting Kak Maria, Nuraina, Kerp, MadSalo, Rocky and the others.

I suppose Somebody else had good reason to not let me be there.

It would have to be "next time"....

So, until the next time in this lifetime....you guys rock!

10 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

good enough to know you're a lady. your physical shape/colour is irrelevant...hehe...

and hey, no worries, there'll definitely be more such gatherings in the future. lets hope you'll be in the country for the next one. will make sure you're amongst the top on the invi list.

eva's haven said...

kerp,

thank you for dropping by,

i'll be sure to attend a blogger bash the next time i'm back here.

take care!

shar101 said...

Good Lawd!

How could I've missed this one, Peaches?

Been busy shifting to another home these past few weeks and been off-line too. So I wasn't privy to the latest news, etc but got word from Mat Salo about the year end blogger bash at the Curve though. Couldn't go coz it was damn smack in the middle of the big move.

Dang!

Soooo.. when's the 'next time'?

Virtual hugz 4 now.. till we meet in the flesh.

Anonymous said...

question. are you fat?

Pak Zawi said...

Eva,
I have never doubted you cos I have been following your blogs. Just like you I have been missing all the KL scene because of the distance even when I am in Malaysia itself. Hope to meet you one day at one of the events.

eva's haven said...

hello Shar honeybunch,

Jeez....it sure has been a mighty long time.

yeah sweetie. I missed the Curve bash. But I always believe that there's a reason for everything.

well, hon... we will surely meet . next year.

I'm now skiing somewhere in north america. Happy new Year, man!

eva's haven said...

anon 10:49PM:

sweetie....i wear bikini when I go to the beach and surf the ocean...

Am I fat?

Next question please...

eva's haven said...

Zawi,

thank you...

amd God willing, we will meet.

zorro said...

I knew I WOULD miss SOMETHING....so I did not go. Yes, I remember, I had to cover something that day. U keeping good? How come you ain't dropping by now....too political? Keep well anyway.

eva's haven said...

Zorro,

I'm well, sir. Hope you are too.

I have been busy but certainly I will drop by. No...not too political, Nothing is too political because everything is political!

Cheers!

Have a good new year, sir!