Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Wedding


Well, I read the good news over the weekend. Thank God for online news portals and (Malaysian) newspapers having gone online, and yes, the internet, that I am able to get news from home.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi got married to Ms (now Datin Seri) Jeanne (nee Danker) Abdullah.
Finally! I mean, we heard about their relationship for so long already. Some people even said that they were already man and wife as early as December last year.
I know the PM getting married is a good thing. In Islam, marriage is akin to building a mosque. It is a sacred act. So, it is very much welcomed.
The Prime Minister marrying Jeanne is good because it means that it puts an end to all those speculations and also that he is no longer lonely and alone.
I hear Jeanne is a good person too.
The PM marrying Jeanne is good because she is not a sweet young thang, if you know what I mean. A trophy wife she ain't. For that, we should all be thankful.
Can you imagine if Jeanne was a 20 or 30 something sexy young thang?
I think the PM should then resign because it means that he is no different from the rest of those mortal men.
You know what I'm saying?
I do hope, however, that Jeanne remains the nice lady that she has always been. I hope she will not be "power-crazy" as some women are wont to be in her position.
If she does not already know, the position of PM's wife is a power unto itself.
I mean, look at the position of the DPM's wife. If that ain't powerful, I'm a barmaid in Kabul.
I hope Jeanne is not the de facto PM, although, that is not such a bad idea under the circumstances in the country.
And if she decides to be the de facto PM and her hubby, the PM, is okay with it, then I suggest she makes it a hush-hush affair. Nobody must know. Better that way than the whole country knowing that the PM is cuckolded and queen-controlled.
He's already been bad-pressed really bad.
So, enough already.

However, here's the thing.
I am no sentimental Juliette but I cannot help thinking that it was not too long ago that Kak Endon died. I can just remember so vividly the featured stories about her in the Press, the funeral and all the accolades as well as the sadness and grief that shrouded her death.
The sad face of the PM. His grief.
Kak Endon did not leave us that very long ago.
Why, it feels just like yesterday.

Sigh....and what does it tell us about --- men?
Are all men, regardless of who they are or what position they hold, emotionally and physically, weak?
Love, companionship, they say.
Podah, I say.
It's sex, baby. Sex.
Pure and unadulterated sex. Physical needs.
Men have their needs! And life must go on.

So.... I need to end here before I get out of control.

All that said -- I am happy that the PM has got married to his late wife's ex-sister-in-law, and that he has found a companion to replace his late wife and that it is all in the family.
In some culture, I hear it is incestuous.

So, may the newlyweds find eternal bliss. Amen.

7 comments:

J.T. said...

Oh Eva... Kak Endon's passing does not seem so long ago yet to some, it has been awhile. I feel it is better for the PM and Mdm Jeanne to get married and make it official than for malicious gossip to keep going around - especially about her. She has her pride and dignity to guard too.

To anyone who has lost a close one, time will move on but they are never forgotten. So, when is a right time? No one can put a time frame of how one feels. Some will never be ready or want to settle. Some are ready and open to be loved and love again.

Men - a whole different story if we are approaching it from the physical needs point of view. For now, I will not risk 'cyber rotten eggs' coming my way. haha

eva's haven said...

I hear you, JT, I hear you.

i know that should get married. but i thought it was too soon that he was already looking and eager to wed someone, whoever it may be.

but, well.. they say, man proposes, God disposes.

take care, jacqui.

J.T. said...

It may have been too early but you said it best "Man proposes, God disposes" :)

By the way, Eva, I like the art that you pick for your blog. May I ask where you get them from?

eva's haven said...

hi JT:

thanks.

on the art. goodness.. you;re the expert here. but thanks.

just google webmuseum, and click on webmuseum: famous artworks exhibition. take your pick.

take care now!

J.T. said...

Oh! Wonderful. Thanks for the keyword.
You take care too. :)

Bergen said...

(speechless)

eva's haven said...

bergen? bergen?

are you ok? wake up, man. wake up...