Saturday, November 21, 2009

Will I Miss Oprah?


Ms Oprah Winfrey has announced that she will "dim the lights on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" at the close of its 25th season in late 2011.

Well, blow me down. She's a clever one. Quit whil the going is good. Quit while you're still riding high.

Truthfully, and I hate to admit it...I will kinda miss her. I think she has been so much a part of our lives -- whether you like it or not.

Of course, it's not that I need her like a drug. I do not make a point of turning her on, if that's what you're thinking. But, well, I do enjoy Oprah whenever she's on.

The lady is smart and very enterprising. For her to be able to survive the industry and be as big as she is now, takes a lot, I tell ya.

She is iconic and is an inspiration to a lot of people.

I'm sure her star will continue to shine.

All about her announcement HERE.

(This image taken from video Friday, Nov. 20, 2009 and provided by Harpo Productions Inc., talk-show host Oprah Winfrey announces during a live broadcast of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' in Chicago that her daytime television show, the foundation of a multibillion-dollar media empire, will end its run in 2011 after 25 seasons on the air. (AP Photo/Harpo Productions, Inc.) MANDATORY CREDIT, NO SALES

No comments: