Friday, June 13, 2008

Everythin's Soarin' Skyhigh!

Life is hard now what with the soaring costs of gasoline and other types of energy.

According to studies, the inflation rate shot up in May at the fastest pace in six months.

The US Labor Department has reported that consumer prices rose by 0.6 percent last month, the biggest one-month increase since last November, as gasoline costs surged by 5.7 percent.

Food prices, which have also been rising sharply, were up 0.3 percent as the cost of beef and bakery products showed big gains.

Analysts said the pressure in both the energy and food areas is likely to continue as global food shortages and rising demand push food prices up and energy costs continue to soar, reflecting a relentless surge in crude oil prices.

So, yeah, life is hard. I'd like to pack up my bags, sell off my apartment and buy a small bit of property somewhere where life is idyllic.....

Is there such a place where I can live my dreams?

The US is so big.....I'll find some place where I can grow my own food.

So, I guess this means we're all in the same rickety boat!

2 comments:

Letting the time pass me by said...

The world economy is a big mystery I guess... What has happen to the oil price? There have not been any reported mass deficit in fuel supply but the oil price has soared to an incredible new level.

Is there is going to be a bubble soon?

eva's haven said...

letting the time pass me by,

good question.

if it is, then what begs an answer is -- for how long and to what new levels?

cheers